Monday, April 14, 2014

¿Qué clase de hombres habéis de ser?

Mario's baptism
Hey!

So this week was really great.  I had another intercambio, or more exchanges with the other sector, so I spent another day and a half with a Spanish speaking companion, which went really well and I got to work a lot on my Spanish.  

The best part of the week however was Mario´s baptism.  He got baptized! It was a great service with lots of people there (and for our branch a lot of people is like 8).  My companion baptized him and we confirmed him a member of the Church on Sunday.  It was an amazing experience for all of us.
When he came out of the water, I asked him how he felt.  He said "Nuevo," or new.  He was so happy.  He was on the verge of tears after coming out and vocally thanked God for the experience.  Hes not going to falter.  On Sunday, he was confirmed a member of the Church, recieved the gift of the Holy Ghost, and was given the assignment to be the Branch Mission Leader.  I cant think of anyone better for that assignment. Today he stopped by to tell us that he got a suit and is getting it cleaned and ready for Sunday.  I love that guy. He really grasps what God has asked of him and has the right attitude about it.  He is letting the gospel and Heavenly Father change his life. I want to be more like him. He is a very Christ-like individual and I cant wait to see his progression. So thats my spiritual thought. Be like Mario.  Or even better, be like Christ.  Read the scriptures and search for His attributes and model your life to become like Him, in the sense of serving others, being faithful, humble, diligent, and courageous.  We don't have to walk the difficult road He walked, but we can follow His example to honor Him, accept His sacrifice, and one day be like Him and return to live with Him. I love all of you and hope everything is going well.  All is well here.  Keep up the work of salvation wherever you are.  

¿Qué clase de hombres habéis de ser? En verdad os digo, aun como yo soy. 3 Nefi 27:27
 Elder Peck
 
An awesome planner the Hermanas made me

No comments:

Post a Comment