Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Hey everyone!


This week went by quickly for me. 

We finally moved into the new house and it is SO NICE.  We have furniture, a working shower, a big wood stove that's super warm, and carpet! Its super comfortable and awesome. 
Moving was fun.  We moved last Monday night, and it was a crazy hour of trying to get everything from our old house loaded in the bed of the truck and driven over to the new house as fast as possible because it was raining super hard.  We rode in the back of the truck back and forth because it was just a big flatbed truck and we had to keep the stuff from falling out.  It was fun trying to keep each other from falling out too haha. It was crazy and all our stuff is kinda wet, but we are all settled in the new house now and all is well. 

We are still working hard.  One experience that I wanted to share is that for the first time this transfer we finally had someone commit to be baptized! We still have a lot of work to do with him and his family, but we had a really good lesson with him the other day.  We read with him the Book of Mormon and he felt that it was true.  He told us about his search for clarity and truth and we expressed what we knew was true.  The two just kind of fit. I pray that he will continue and will be able to experience the clarity that comes from the gospel and the purifying, cleansing power of baptism. 

Baptism cleanses us completely.  We leave our sins behind and have an opportunity to start again.  It is a step of faith, but more, it is the door to eternal life and happiness here on earth.  The gift of the Holy Ghost is the second, completing part of baptism.  We have the opportunity to accept the Holy Ghost as a guide and help for us whenever we are willing to be worthy of His influence and listen.   What a blessing.  If you are not baptized yet, I encourage you to do so, and to do so under the authority God has given to man here on earth.  I know that the members of this Church that I represent now have that authority.  You can find out for yourself.  As Christ came to John the Baptist, come to Gods servants.  Take the step of faith.  I cant imagine where I would be if I had not been baptized into this church, by someone holding the authority of God, and in His way. I thank God for that and my family for showing me the way.  This Church is true, and I am so grateful for the clarity that I now have that comes from knowing this truth.

Go forward in strength and in faith.  Take big steps if needed, but always remember to have God's will in mind.

Thanks for the support and emails and prayers and everything else. 

Elder Peck

No comments:

Post a Comment