Tuesday, October 6, 2015

General Conference Weekend





Hey!

So I just had my last general conference in Chile.  The stake was nice and set up a room for all the American missionaries to watch it in English.  It was nice to hear the voices of our beloved prophet and apostles.  It was exciting to sustain the new apostles and I'm excited to see the work continue to move forward. 

I learned that the Spirit can give customized counsel as we seek wisdom form God.  I learned that the gospel is simple and our effectiveness as disciples will increase as we strive to simplify.  I accepted the challenge to Ponderize - ponderize and memorize a scripture weekly (a few missionaries who watched it in Spanish got kinda confused when he pulled that out haha), and I'm excited to elevate my thoughts daily. 

I know that Thomas S. Monson is a prophet of God, just as much as I know any other important truth in my life.  The 12 apostles are also called of God as prophets seers and revelators.  I received during the conference many answers to questions, on my own behalf and that of my investigators, and direction. 

This week was otherwise somewhat slow.  The other high point of the week was the baptism of a couple in our ward! The other elders in our sector taught them and prepared them for baptism, but the service with beautiful and the Spirit was strong. 

This week we also had transfers, but my companion and I are both staying here.  We are both excited for the next six weeks and ready to see several more miracles. 

Thanks for everything and be sure to ask What lack I yet? and remember to Ponderize.  Have a great week!

Love, Elder Peck

No comments:

Post a Comment