Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Good Week

Hey!

This week has been long, but really good.
Fun stuff, we got to watch the Chile vs Brasil game again.  It was super intense and Chile ended up losing by one penalty shot.  The whole world was sad walking home.  Everyone was so sad. Also, we went to the gym last Monday too.  It is interesting having a Latino companion, because there is always a bit of miscommunication.  We went to the gym and just starting practicing.  I asked my comp why and what we were practicing for, but he just said to practice! I was confused.  Then a coach came out and started making us run around the gym and blowing his whistle, and teaching how to perfect my volleyball spike.  I was even more confused. I kept trying to find the missionary work related aspect it, but my companion didn't seem to know what was going on either, but he was just going along with it haha. Anyway, so we accidentally joined a volleyball team. I think it was tryouts or something but yeah, we are on the team! Haha I can't really explain it, but for me it was really funny and confusing.  It was one of those situations where everyone seems to be doing something that makes no sense at all and you just have to kind of go along with it because you're the only gringo in the city haha.

I have been learning more patience and diligence this week. Also about the Atonement of Jesus Christ.  I don't have much time and the internet here is really slow, but all I can say is that when we diligently strive to do little things right, the things that are within our power, enduring the trials with patience, God makes up the rest and qualifies us for what He has called us to do.  Jesus suffered and died so that He would know how we feel, how to help us in these situations.  Even if we feel dumb for stuff we have done and for thing we messed up on, he makes it up, because He knows us and how we feel.  He has provided away to help us take advantage of the sacrifice He made.  Thank Him for this gift and use it.
Thanks for the support.  Les quiero....

Elder Peck

No comments:

Post a Comment