Monday, December 29, 2014

Feliz Navidad!

Hey!

So after a 7 hour long bus ride from the north limit of the mission, I am now as far south as our mission goes.  My sector is beautiful, a small town surrounded by mountains and pines, with a good German influence and lots of countryside.  The town is really tranquil and the members of the local congregation are really great.  We attend church in a small chapel close to our house and we have lunch with members about half the time during the week.

My companion is Elder M from Idaho.  He is way cool and got quite a bit more time than me in the mission.  I'm way stoked to work with him.

We are currently teaching a woman from Colombia.  She is way cool, understands our message well, and is waiting for an answer.  We are just praying that her work allows her to come to church, or that she changes her schedule to be able to come.  We are also teaching a family of three, two of which are members.  I still haven't had the chance to teach the mother, but she is very receptive and comes to church every Sunday.

Some interesting things this week. I skinned a sheep for the first time!  We just passed by the house of an investigator and he asked us to help him kill and skin this sheep.  We watched him kill it and then he had us skin it haha.

Also, we had a great Christmas activity.  Santa came, we shared testimonies, sang carols, and watched several Church Christmas messages.

We also found a really cool family who let us in to show them the He is the Gift video.  We are excited about them and will see how it goes in the future.

God loves us and knows us personally.  As our actions show gratitude to Him and His Son, He quickly extends mercy to bless us.

Thank all of you so much for your support!  I got some cards and letters for Christmas and they made me so happy. Thanks for thinking of me and for sending them!  Thanks so much for those and for your prayers and emails.  Have a great Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment