Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Faith

Hey!

So this week has been great! Super busy but really great.

So I'm here in my new sector working with my new comp Elder L.  He's a super Christlike missionary and I'm learning a lot from him.  He is from Colombia and is a convert of about 2 and a half years.  We are working with several good investigators, including a man from Australia named P!

I got here on Tuesday after cambios and we went to work! On Thursday we had our district/zone meetings and met all the missionaries in the zone! We worked hard the rest of the week and have found several new investigators and I've met lots of members.

On Monday my companion and I had to go to Concepcion for a meeting with our Mission President (which is why I couldn't write yesterday!).  It was a great experience and we learned a ton.

At one point during the conference, the assitants got up and gave a short talk about having faith to find people to teach.  They asked us if we believed that right now there are people in every sector that are ready to hear the gospel and we all said yes.  The assitants then told us that we were all going to get up and leave the church right then and go out to the street for 30 mins and find someone to teach, bring them back to the church where we were having the meeting, and teach them a short lesson.  We were all surprised, but everyone immediately got up and left the building and started talking with everyone outside in the street! My companion and I ran into a guy working a gym named J P.  We asked him if he had ten minutes or so to meet with us at the church down the street to share a short message about Christ. He accepted and we took him to the church, taught him lesson one (with our Mission President!) and he accepted a baptismal date for September!  He said that recently he had been having dreams about his father who had passed away and felt that God had been communicating with him recently.  It was a really great experience and the Spirit was really strong.

Last night after getting home to our sector after the conference my comp and I found five new investigators, meeting our goal for the week!

Anyway, its been a realy great few days.  My testimony of the fact the God lives, that He directs this work and that the gospel blesses families has been strenghtened greatly this week.  Im grateful to our Heavenly Father for blessing me so much and for all He has done for us.

Thanks for all that you do and keep sharing the gospel!

Elder Peck

No comments:

Post a Comment