Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Hey!

Hey!

So this week went well.  Not much to report, but things went well.  we saw a "cueca" competition, which is the traditional dance of Chile. One of our investigators competed, and it was very Chilean and very cool.  We also had our day of service on Saturday.  We went and took down a house and started renovating it.

The best news is that a woman and her daughter from my last sector just got baptized! My companion Elder N and I contacted them several weeks before I left.  We taught them a few times, and he continued with them after I left.  They were baptized on Saturday and confirmed Sunday.  It was so great to hear that news and that my comp Elder N and his new comp were able to baptize them.

Also, I have been thinking a lot about families this week.  Through my own personal family experiences, I have gained much of my belief  and knowledge of the truth of the góspel. The góspel blesses families. We CAN have a happy and strong family here on earth despite the fact that the world in general is going farther and farther away from the family.  As my mom once said, the world is heading in the wrong direction, not us.  We are not swimming against the current when we support the family.  We are supporting a divinely established institution through which we are uplifted, blessed, and carried to eternal life if we respect it.  I love my family and know that families are eternal.

Elder Peck

No comments:

Post a Comment