Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Transfers





Hey!

So today I found out my transfer! Im staying in my sector and my companion is a Peruvian.  I'll meet him tomorrow.  I've been here for 5 months, and I have about a month and half left here as far as I know.

So this week we had a few holidays. Evangelical Day and Halloween are on the same day. All the Evangelicals (half of Chile, the other half is Catholic) celbrated with lots of preaching in the streets and parades.  No one really does Halloween.  We saw about four or five kids trick or treating.
Also on the first we had Day of the Dead where everyone went to the cementery with flowers.  We went as well and went around teaching the plan of salvation to people, about how they can live with there loved ones after this life.  A few people received us and it went well.  Of course, it was a little weird, but it went well and we were able to teach some good people.  We didn't exactly know how to approach it without being insensitive, but it ended up going very well.

Anyway, we worked hard this week and we ended the transfer well.  I'm understanding how satisfying it is to end the day exhausted and how disappointing it is when you realize that you didn't work as hard as you could have.  We learned a lot these past few weeks, especially about where to focus our efforts and how to work better, and we had a great few weeks.
Hope is such a simple principle, but a powerful one.  We hope for things which are not seen, but which are true.  This grows our faith.  The two go together.  We can't always tell what good things are ahead, but we simply hope that good will come as we choose the right.  It is a simple and beautiful concept, one that really does make an anchor for our soul.  It provides the motivation to press forward, to have faith, and to do good.  God is merciful and provides us with the evidence of the validity of our hope by blessing us and providing us with daily tender mercies, accompanied by the peace and joy that come with righteousness.

I love God. I love serving Him.

Elder Peck


Spanish tortilla



No comments:

Post a Comment